Monday, July 26, 2010

What do I want in my country's leaders?

Honesty. Start out telling the American people what you believe and why. Don't sugarcoat it, or spin it, or try to make it sound better than it is. Then when we see what *all* the candidates really believe, we can make the best choice.

Commitment to the Constitution. Our founding fathers were wise men, and they created a document by which future generations could govern this country wisely. I want leaders who know and understand the Constitution, and are not afraid to defend it vigorously.

Financial Sanity. Most Americans understand what it means to live within a budget. You can't spend what you don't have. So don't ask me to give the government more of my hard-earned money - instead prove to me that you will use what I've already given wisely.

I could go on and on, but I think - at this point - I'll stop. No sense making my blood pressure rise again. ::heh::

No comments: